Only those who actively shape the future and drive ideas forward change the world. Through an environmentally friendly energy supply, we can manage to ensure a sustainable way of life for the future. For more than 40 years, meteocontrol has played an active part in this as one of the world's leading providers of monitoring solutions and power plant controllers for solar plants and system portfolios. From our corporate headquarters in Augsburg, we continue to expand our position as a global player, with more than 200 employees worldwide implementing international requirements in energy management. We offer meaningful roles that allow our team to help shape the world of renewable energies. For this we need you in Augsburg, Berlin or Madrid:
What to expect:
- You take over the technical leadership in the specialist area "IT infrastructure and cloud platform" and are responsible for the knowledge management within the company for your special field.
- As a technical expert, you advise the development team on certification and compliance issues and regularly represent meteocontrol at trade fairs and congresses in front of a professional audience.
- In pre-development, you work on architectures and business concepts for a future-oriented IT platform infrastructure, including the latest cloud technologies and security aspects.
- You will develop new security concepts and strategies for our cloud platform and advise and participate in the further development of DevOps processes to support continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- You support the product management in the development, compilation and technical review of complex technical concepts for special product management requirements, including an advisory function for solution mediation.
- You will collaborate on projects with other subject matter experts on the cross-functional pre-development team to create prototypes for future applications.
What you should bring:
- Successfully completed studies in business informatics, computer science or comparable studies;
- Several years of professional experience in the implementation of product-ready solutions with "Cloud-Native" technologies, e.g. Container/Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, ELK Stack, NoSQL;
- Outstanding knowledge in cloud architectures, ideally in current software architecture trends, e.g. microservices, serverless model, 12-factor framework, continuous delivery;
- Very good knowledge of security-related technologies in the cloud/server area as well as relevant standards and frameworks;
- Good knowledge of database architecture and data model development, ideally experience with data warehouse / OLAP architectures and systems;
- Hands-on experience with version control, Test Driven Development (TDD) and software testing (e.g. unit testing);
- Experience with various programming languages and environments, e.g. PHP, C/C++, Java, Angular/TypeScript, Node.js as well as basic knowledge of Python or a similar scripting language;
- Very good knowledge of German and English, good MS Office skills